Calling out for an experienced 3D Art Generalist to come collaborate with us in designing and developing highly optimised art assets for game environments . Generate inspirational, innovative concepts, designs, rendering and creative ideas that help define and steer the vision of the client. Build benchmark assets utilising pre-made assets for quick prototyping. Collaborate with Art Lead/Producer, Game designers, developers and QA team regularly.
Joy Business Academy (JBA) is a passionate and ambitious organisation that strives to push the boundaries of learning. We use modern digital tools and innovative technologies to re-envision what learning can represent in a global, diverse, post-industrial world. JBA creates a variety of games for training, self-reflection, skill- assessment and simulated experience exposure. We pride ourselves on creating engaging ways to learn, reflect, improve and leverage the power of play to create strong and lasting positive outcomes.
The Key Responsibilities
- Developing custom 3D assets that are to spec.
- Produce art assets that help the client realize their original vision.
- Create in game assets and adhere to technical briefs.
- Estimate work timelines and contribute to team schedules and goals.
- Utilise your 3D modeling and texturing expertise to help our team create new assets and experiences.
- Integrate 3D assets into a master sequence and Unity.
- Create high and low polygon models of 3D characters, clothes, accessories and props set to specific technical and aesthetic guidelines.
- Ensure a high level of fidelity in terms of modeling, texturing quality and optimization.
- Problem solve any technical limitations and issues using creative and resource efficient solutions.
- Work closely with designers , developers and animators while showing a general understanding of each department.
- Working together with our development team to implement the 3D assets into the software.
- Keep abreast of all up to date knowledge of trends in art production methodologies and tools.
The Ideal Person
- 3+Years’ experience as a 3D artist/developer or equivalent.
- Excellent 3D modelling and texturing skills with 3D environments.
- Advanced knowledge of Unity.
- Experience with 3D modelling, animation, rigging, UV-Mapping, Texturing, 2D Painting and composting.
- Experience with source control and issue tracking.
- Knowledge of game development.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Blender,Substance designer/painter and other technologies utilised in game art production.
- Eye for photorealistic environments and texture creation.
- Knowledge of architectural design, environment lighting, dense mesh modelling and normal map creation.
- Creatively flexible, adapting styles as necessary, typically during the exploratory stages of pre-production.
- Strong communication skills and a high attention to detail.
- Ability to work cross functionally by communicating effectively with production, other departments and teams across company.
- Ability to work autonomously and complete tasks within tight production schedules.
- Experience with photogrammetry and associated rapid game art production pipelines/techniques.
We are an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and value having members that represent our global diversity. JBA is also an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer.
If this role sounds like your next opportunity, APPLY with your CV and a covering letter.
If you have any questions or would like to get in touch, please contact Sangeetha@prideandjoy.org